PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Latest update package brought into "low graphics mode"

The Switch Blade
June 23rd, 2009, 06:35 PM
Hi,

After the release of the latest updates, I restart to see that my GRUB boot menu has duplicates of all the ubuntu options. Then, going into the regular startup, it brings me into low graphics mode. I restart again and revert to default graphics and... it works.

I was using the nvidia x server for my geforce 6600 gt. Does ubuntu now natively support this card or what? Because everything _seems_ to be running fine... I hope!

overdrank
June 23rd, 2009, 06:42 PM
Hi,

After the release of the latest updates, I restart to see that my GRUB boot menu has duplicates of all the ubuntu options. Then, going into the regular startup, it brings me into low graphics mode. I restart again and revert to default graphics and... it works.

I was using the nvidia x server for my geforce 6600 gt. Does ubuntu now natively support this card or what? Because everything _seems_ to be running fine... I hope!

Hi and if you installed the nvidia drivers manually then you can just reinstall them. If not you may just try and disable the drivers in hardware drivers and enable them again.