PDA

View Full Version : Composing A Song

NightwishFan
June 23rd, 2009, 06:19 PM
I have been composing a song, and I think it is getting fairly good. It is sort of symphonic, and I have parts written for Piano and Strings. I might add metal elements and right now I am working on a electric bass part.

The recording is fairly bad since you can hear me hitting the keys, my apologies. I played it using a mid range Yamaha keyboard.

Please tell me what you think, and I will try to make a better recording tomorrow.

Here is the link, Ogg Vorbis Q1

http://uraharakisuke153.googlepages.com/demo1_small.ogg

oedipuss
June 23rd, 2009, 06:47 PM
As it is, it absolutely screams for some orchestral percussion :P

Are you planning a fuller orchestration, with winds, brass, etc?

NightwishFan
June 23rd, 2009, 06:55 PM
Actually, yes. I am currently only playing a solo part on my keyboard, and was more leaning toward metal elements. However I only have a bass player. I have been using the music of Hans Zimmer as a reference on how to get everything to fit.

As you can probably tell it has a nautical theme, and I am currently using the title Winds Of The North. I also have much more written, as this is only a basic demo I quickly recorded. The piano parts offer much more depth, however the key clicking was more apparent, I will have to space my keyboard away from the mic next recording.

Thanks for the feedback. Hopefully I can turn some of my music into an actual project. As for the demos, I consider them proprietary but feel free to listen to them.