PDA

View Full Version : Outside forum configuration doubt.

Glucklich
June 23rd, 2009, 04:55 PM
I would like to ask for your help on a "forum" related issue. Thank you for your help, in advance.

Is there any way to substitute a regular word in a forum, and it appears automatically formated? Even if the person did not chose the parameters.
For example, the person only wrote "bird". But it automatically appears as <b><font color=B70B5A>bird</font></b> or the BB Code equivalent of it.

Oh, the forum is in phpBB 3.0.4.

sydbat
June 23rd, 2009, 05:43 PM
I would like to ask for your help on a "forum" related issue. Thank you for your help, in advance.

Is there any way to substitute a regular word in a forum, and it appears automatically formated? Even if the person did not chose the parameters.
For example, the person only wrote "bird". But it automatically appears as <b><font color=B70B5A>bird</font></b> or the BB Code equivalent of it.

Oh, the forum is in phpBB 3.0.4.I think there is a list of words you can replace somewhere in the Admin section (this should be in every forum software - I use SMF and there is). Usually, the replacement words are to keep bad language from being visible (ex. poop would be p**p), but you can have whatever parameters you want/set.

I hope that helps, or doesn't muddy things too much...

Glucklich
June 23rd, 2009, 06:05 PM
I think there is a list of words you can replace somewhere in the Admin section (this should be in every forum software - I use SMF and there is). Usually, the replacement words are to keep bad language from being visible (ex. poop would be p**p), but you can have whatever parameters you want/set.

I hope that helps, or doesn't muddy things too much...

Yeah, it's the swear filter. I've tried customizing the word colour through that but it didn't work (it showed the [b] or <b> parameters as part of the word). Because, I'm not interested in changing the word itself. I just want to add the colour and bold to it.

sydbat
June 23rd, 2009, 06:19 PM
Then you might have to fiddle with the related PHP files. I cannot help you there. Sorry.

Glucklich
June 23rd, 2009, 08:34 PM
Then you might have to fiddle with the related PHP files. I cannot help you there. Sorry.

Thank you for your time.

Does anybody else has any other suggestions on how to do this?