PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Intel Integrated Graphics Driver Install

jlhines
June 23rd, 2009, 04:38 AM
Long story short: I have no idea how to install video drivers. I have an Intel Corporation 82852/855GM Integrated Graphics Device (rev 02), according to lspci, but as far as I can tell I have no real drivers installed on it. The reason I'm asking about this is because I'm trying to run WoW via wine and the graphics are unplayably bad and slow (3 fps max, the ground is a big green blob with lines, I can only see the occasional monster, etc, etc). I've found explanations on upgrading nvidia and ati graphics cards, but little to nothing on the highly coveted Intel Integrated Graphics Device (aaaaah!). Alright, it sucks, I know, but I'm cheap.

So if any of you wizzes out there could talk me through how to download and install the proprietary drivers from intel or have some other magical fix I would greatly appreciate it. Let me know if you need any further information me.

Thanks in advance!

Mark Phelps
June 23rd, 2009, 02:18 PM
Until Intel finally accepts and fixes a serious problem with their drivers in Ubuntu 9.04, there are no newer drivers that will give you the performance you want.