PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Transparent Panel - can it be changed ?

zelhar
June 22nd, 2009, 09:13 PM
I don't want to see the wallpaper through the KDE anyone knows how I can un-transparent the panel.

While I'm at it, does anyone knows how I can chose no wallpaper at all, or just a solid color ?

chandra
July 1st, 2009, 05:45 PM
Could you try restarting the X-server? I think it is Alt-E or you could just logout and use the Login Menu to do this.

I remember my Panel going transparent, and restarting the X-server fixed it for me. YMMV.

jlacroix
July 1st, 2009, 07:37 PM
You can try to turn off desktop effects. I think it's SHIFT+ALT+F12 but I don't have my box in front of me.

zelhar
July 2nd, 2009, 09:46 AM
@chandra, I think I should have said semi-transparent. The Panel starts that way from login, it is not invisible but the background wallpaper can be seen behind .

@jlacroix, Turning off system effects does the trick, except I was hoping to a way to keep them on. The fact of the matter is that system effects is rather buggy, on my machine at least. It is also automatically turned off sometimes due to trivial actions such as marking and dragging text from a website.

jlacroix
July 2nd, 2009, 12:07 PM
@chandra, I think I should have said semi-transparent. The Panel starts that way from login, it is not invisible but the background wallpaper can be seen behind .

@jlacroix, Turning off system effects does the trick, except I was hoping to a way to keep them on. The fact of the matter is that system effects is rather buggy, on my machine at least. It is also automatically turned off sometimes due to trivial actions such as marking and dragging text from a website.

If you right click on any window border and click on window properties you should have all the options under there.