PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Reinstalled, sound volume not so loud as it should be

neotester
June 22nd, 2009, 08:38 PM
My computer's weird. It will be until I'll buy a notebook, I want all these problems to go away. So, my computer won't start if I can't remove and then put back the audio board. Weird, right?

But, that's not my main priority: I have reinstalled Ubuntu 9.04 and I can't get the volume high enough as I used to even if Ubuntu shows me it's maximum. It doesn't sound maximum. I have a logitech audio 5.1 system and a C-media 5.1 sound board. It's not as loud as it should be. What can I do?

Below, I've attached a printscreen of my sound configuration at the moment. What do you suggest?

neotester
June 22nd, 2009, 11:36 PM
I don't want to be rude or something but... like 20 people seen this thread and really, nobody could come up with an answer? I'm really disaponted man, I can't get sound to work right. How do I do it to be louder, sort of speak? Back to normal?

PureLoneWolf
June 23rd, 2009, 02:00 AM
Hi there

I had a similar issue - To fix it I fired up terminal and typed alsamixer

I ramped up everything in there and the volumes came to be what I was expecting. That said, I purged pulseaudio a while back due to various issues and can't remember if I did alsamixer before or after this.

Hope it helps

neotester
June 23rd, 2009, 09:38 AM
Thanks man, that really helped.

posterberg
June 23rd, 2009, 10:44 AM
I've had that problem on a laptop with a built in "subwoofer". It help me to bump up the lever called "mono volume". Don't have that on this computer so I can't send any screenshot.

Hope it helps you.