PDA

View Full Version : How many people are using OpenDNS

kevdog
June 22nd, 2009, 04:32 PM
How many users here are using OpenDNS?

Any other "free" alternatives that people would like to mention would be great!!

kaibob
June 22nd, 2009, 05:05 PM
I used to use OpenDNS but switched to Level 3. Both work fine, but Level 3 seems to be a bit better.

itreius
June 22nd, 2009, 05:09 PM
No, I don't use OpenDNS.

sydbat
June 22nd, 2009, 05:14 PM
I tried it but found no difference in speed...or anything else really.

caravel
June 22nd, 2009, 05:19 PM
I used to for a short while because my old ISP's DNS was ****, but not for well over a year now. Privacy issues: I'm not into dodgy redirects and ads.

Skripka
June 22nd, 2009, 05:20 PM
I've been using it for some time. FAR better than the Parker Bros. DNS that my ISP uses.

ukripper
June 22nd, 2009, 05:21 PM
I am using opendns since a long time now. When DNS vulnerability showed up last year i was much convinced using opendns - As soon as the DNS vulnerability was on mailing list and on ubuntu announcements I made sure my dns servers, machines and routers were pointing to the correct dns servers nodoubt it was opendns server. i was relieved looking on their website that opendns were the among first one to patch their servers-how cool is that!

Edit:
http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-622-1

monsterstack
June 22nd, 2009, 05:58 PM
I used to for a short while because my old ISP's DNS was ****, but not for well over a year now. Privacy issues: I'm not into dodgy redirects and ads.

If you go into the settings you can disable the OpenDNS proxy if you like.