PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] xrandr Rotation offsetting the screen, making a few hundred pixel wide "dead space"

xelapond
June 22nd, 2009, 07:01 AM
Hello,

I have been messing around with dual monitors for several days, trying to get them to work with one flipped 90 degrees and one normal. I have an ATI HD2600 Pro in my laptop, and I want the laptop screen to be normal, and the external 22 inch monitor(connected over VGA) to be rotated 90 degrees. I finally got that working, but there is a problem...

On the left of my 22 inch monitor there is a black bar that is several hundred pixels wide. At first I thought it was a sync error, but then I found that the cursor can go in it. I can move an app, but as soon as it enters the black bar it starts drawing on my other monitor, and doesn't show up in the black bar. Its like my monitor is pretending that that part of my monitor isn't there.

The other annoying part, is that when my cursor is on the 22 inch monitor any clicks are offset to the right the equivalent distance of the black bar. Further, when I take a screenshot everything appears normally. I have attached a picture below because a screenshot can not depict what is wrong...

I am using gnome with xmonad as the window manager.

I have attached a picture of what actually happens(you can see how the chess game skips the black area, and goes on both screens), and what the computer thinks is happening(through the screenshot)

Any help is _greatly_ appreciated, this is really bugging me and I would love to get it working.

Thanks!