PDA

View Full Version : The Unconditional Basic Income ... please read !!

Cov(enant)
June 22nd, 2009, 05:31 AM
Hello people !!

Today I would like to introduce a movement which has become very strong in our country only since February this year and might even affect the federal election of our government on September 27th 2009.

It's about the so called Unconditional Basic Income (Bedingungsloses Grundeinkommen).

Please note that I'm aware that discussions about this subject can be a very sore point.

You are welcome to post your opinions about it, but if I can ask everybody also to check the following text, and to let me know about parts I should either write / arrange differently or maybe those of you who like / know the idea, can come up with some suggestions I could add, please.

The reason why I ask, because english is not my mother tongue.

Anyway, here is the video clip I have uploaded onto YouTube:

>>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG1xJeb9IQo <<<

And here is the text as information to the video:

The unconditional Basic Income (UBI) has to be included in the foundation of every country.

That way, every citizen would be granted a life in dignity that is guaranteed, no matter the circumstances.

The social benefits that we have now in place, cost us around two thirds of that what an Unconditional Basic Income would cost anyway.

The remaining part would be financed through taxes, included in goods that people buy every day.

Everybody would be free to earn additional income on top of the UBI.

The same gross income would be paid out in net, because earning money should not be penalized with any deductions.

Here are some advantages of the Unconditional Basic Income:

- You couldn't be forced anymore to do something you wouldn't like, because you'd be independent.
- You could arrange your life the way that suits you the best.
- You'd have all the time you need to care for your family and your loved ones.
- You'd have enough time to study your favourite subject or follow up the project you always dreamed of.
- The crime rate would decrease considerably because nobody would need to fight for survival.
- Prostitution would decrease, because nobody really enjoys being in that situation.
- A great deal of administration could be abolished, because all social benefits like job seekers allowance, etc would be replaced by the UBI.
- Pollution would decrease enormous because of many different reasons.
- Mobbing of people would decrease, because they could afford to simply refuse being abused.
- You wouldn't have to deal with a Customer Services Rep who doesn't hate anything more than his job.
- etc, etc

Thank you

PS: Doesn't this forum allow YouTube videos to be embedded ?

ugm6hr
June 22nd, 2009, 05:37 AM
Discussions on [...] politics are not allowed

Closed.