PDA

View Full Version : anybody use Spiceworks?

AlexenderReez
June 22nd, 2009, 03:42 AM
the installer in .exe...failed to install using Wine...i tried in XP pc...it required to know password unix system....iptable will screw the scan process..and the only think it does detect in my network is my cartage printer is running low ink ...Owh~~~..and i think linux is already secure and there is better network monitor than this?anybody please give opinion..

Firestem4
June 22nd, 2009, 03:51 AM
Spiceworks is meant to be a Windows Sys Admin tool similar to that of Solar Winds; however, free. I looked at it and downloaded it and i was going to test it out at work. But we use Solar Winds 10 so there is literally no use to have two of the same type of product.

If you are interested in a similar program for Linux/Unix check out Nagios and OpenNMS. Webmin configured properly can give you good status reports too.

AlexenderReez
June 22nd, 2009, 04:15 AM
Spiceworks is meant to be a Windows Sys Admin tool similar to that of Solar Winds; however, free. I looked at it and downloaded it and i was going to test it out at work. But we use Solar Winds 10 so there is literally no use to have two of the same type of product.

If you are interested in a similar program for Linux/Unix check out Nagios and OpenNMS. Webmin configured properly can give you good status reports too.

thank you...i'm looking to know more :D