PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Some Compiz Effects are won't start (minimize mainly).

dallastxco
June 21st, 2009, 11:14 PM
I'm an absolute noob to linux, however I have played a bit with the synaptic package manager.... UBUNTU IS AWESOME!
As part of the playing, I tried enabling certain features like the fire on the screen, airplane, vacuum when minimizing, etc, and found that none of them worked until I downloaded the Simple CCSM. I was able to play with the options but for some reason when I attempt to use minimize effects, the window does minimize but no effects are displayed.
Any ideas on what the problem might be and how it might be fixed?
Thanks in advance (first post here).

raymondh
June 21st, 2009, 11:25 PM
I'm an absolute noob to linux, however I have played a bit with the synaptic package manager.... UBUNTU IS AWESOME!
As part of the playing, I tried enabling certain features like the fire on the screen, airplane, vacuum when minimizing, etc, and found that none of them worked until I downloaded the Simple CCSM. I was able to play with the options but for some reason when I attempt to use minimize effects, the window does minimize but no effects are displayed.
Any ideas on what the problem might be and how it might be fixed?
Thanks in advance (first post here).

When you click to apply MINIMIZE EFFECT, you disable animation and animation add-ons which also turns off the 'special' effects that you experienced. See the screenshot.

You'll have to make a choice whether you want minimize effect or animations. If you do choose minimize effect, play arouynd with speed and timestep.

Happy Ubuntu-ing.

dallastxco
June 22nd, 2009, 05:02 AM
When you click to apply MINIMIZE EFFECT, you disable animation and animation add-ons which also turns off the 'special' effects that you experienced. See the screenshot.

You'll have to make a choice whether you want minimize effect or animations. If you do choose minimize effect, play arouynd with speed and timestep.

Happy Ubuntu-ing.
Kind of you to answer. Thanks.
I disabled everything that can provide an effect to a window when minimized. Then I selected minimize as the only animation effect, played with the settigns and I still have the same problem. I also realized that my SCSM is no longer coming up. Could the settings on one conflict with the other by any chance?