PDA

View Full Version : [gnome] Weird behaviour of nautilus context menus

dumblebee100
June 21st, 2009, 08:59 PM
The nautilus shows me weird behavior when comming to context menus

Basically I have to say something before I start ....
I use more of keyboard keys when compared to mouse

so when I use nautilus ..my mouse will not be my priority when selecting files or folders ..I use keyboard to do this ..so my mouse will not be in the scene where I work ....but when I press the context menu button from keyboard which is the very next left to right control button on my keyboard ....
I expected to have context menu right under the file or somewhere near to it based on the file placement in windows ..like top or bottom or left or right ..

"The real problem is I get the context menu under the mouse pointer ...but the mouse pointer will be near borders when I do selecting files .....I want it to be near the icon of file but not near the mouse

Is there any way to over come it

well my screen shot explain what my problem is

well I have another problem also with nautilus

when I have two tabs and when Im on the first tab I tried to open third tab by doing CTRL + T then I get home tab in the middle of the two tabs which means the new tab is formed next to current tab .

I changed the walues in gconf editor for values like current tab ..end but the problem still exists .

I want the newly opened tab to be last of the three but not in middle of the two already existing

dumblebee100
July 12th, 2009, 06:33 PM
39 views but still no ones got any idea ..is this a defect or bug or something serious

well Im expecting some answers here ..

when I press down the key which is left to RIGHT CTRL on keyboard ..I get the context menu but it appears under the mouse but not where I was highlighting ...ie if Im browsing my folders with keyboard ..I wish to get context menu right near the folder but not where the mouse is ..( suppose mouse is near the top ..ex like home or computer button in nautilus ..) at present Im getting the context menu there ...

context menu should be presented where we work and not where mouse is ....because there are some people who like to use keyboard

0pul3nce
July 12th, 2009, 06:41 PM
So you want to right click smallvile as shown in the picture. Instead you're using keyboard sortcuts to get the same effect.

The problem is the drop down menu with all your options is located where the cursor happens to be at the time you press Shift + F10...(or ctrl..or windows key..ect)

This seems like you actually have to tweak the way the OS operates.

dumblebee100
July 26th, 2009, 04:36 PM
so is there any way for me to get the feature Im expecting

if I use keyboard for browsing folders then I use arrow keys and SHIFT+F10 but if the mouse is near the date applet or even at the close button of the same nautilus window ...I wont want the context menu to be there ...

I want context menu just near the icon where I pressed the SHIFT+F10 key ...

please note Im not using mouse