PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] How To Install This KDM Theme?

izizzle
June 21st, 2009, 07:12 PM
So I downloaded THIS (http://kde-look.org/content/show.php/Glassified+KDM?content=99841) KDM theme, but I can't find a way to install it. Running Kubuntu 9.04 with KDE 4.2. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

aged hippy
June 21st, 2009, 10:23 PM
I'm not too sure about installing a down-loaded theme (i'm on Hardy 8.04 (KDE 3.5) at the moment), but i think that you need to navigate to ->System Settings ->Appearance and hit the Install theme button, then navigate to where you downloaded it.

An easier way is to right-click on the (not)desktop, select ->Appearance ->Get new themes, it takes you to KDE-look.org, and you simply hit the Install button to get one you like. :)

benerivo
June 21st, 2009, 11:03 PM
Just go to System Settings > Appearance > Splash Screen> and click on 'Get New Themes'. The order them by 'highest rated'.

izizzle
June 22nd, 2009, 12:13 AM
But this is not a splash screen. This is the screen where you input your password to log in.

Bachstelze
June 22nd, 2009, 12:23 AM
Open the System Settings panel. In the Advanced tab, select the Login Manager item. You will be prompted for your password and a window will open. Under the Theme tab, click Install new theme and browse for the archive you downloaded from kde-look.org.

izizzle
June 22nd, 2009, 02:35 AM
Thanks a bunch Hymn.