PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] sansa view and libmtp tools

Mia1990
June 21st, 2009, 07:03 AM
Hello everyone,

I have a sansa view and the latest mtp tools 0.3.7 i believe and the mp3 player will not work i have searched the forums and done everything still can't get to work i have tried mtp-detect in the terminal and the mp3 player and computer just freezes up any help
please

Mia1990
June 21st, 2009, 07:57 PM
anybody please

ckonestroh
June 22nd, 2009, 11:10 AM
I have a Sansa View 16 GB it runs ok.... But I'm Using Mint 7...

The only problem it only recognizes 3 gigs instead of the hole 16 gig drive weird...

Haven't ran Ubuntu in a minute whats this it freezes what is the libmtp tool?

ok later

chris...

ckonestroh
June 26th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Ok, Finally had time to play with it the Mtp or Media Transport Protocol has nothing to do with mp3 player Freezing..

Sansa View has poor documentation...

1. Freezes

Solution Put Sansa View into lock mode and unlock device seems to skip songs Do this several times to get it to unfreeze...

Also makes sure none of the buttons are mashed down.. If all else fails turn it off and on again....

2. Heat Problem

Solution Don't hold Sansa View for more then 1 Minute is my rule or you will cause the Sansa to overheat... Your body heat plus disk spinning bad idea... Will kill drive...

3. Static Electricity

Solution buy plastic case similar to Ipod's to reduce static build up when in your pocket this should also stop overheating and buttons from becoming stuck...

For the Price I paid I would have been better off buying a Pioneer - Portable XM Satellite Radio Receiver for $150 bucks...

It has sd micro card reader to record music wieghs a bit more... But my previous Pioneer Portable Xm radio lasted 2 years the battery died... Got to listen to and discover a great number of artists..... for $14.99 a month its well worth the month if you listen to Jazz, Pop, R&B and also get the weather channel free....Also got sports ticker updated NFL football game scores and Baseball game scores...

I will buy the Xm Radio next month....

This is ok for work ,but other then that it is a waste of money for my use at work....

Keep shopping if you plan on carrying it in your pocket for every day use... If you put it in a bag its ok or shirt pocket....