PDA

View Full Version : Question about fronted of Wine(POL)

demontager
June 21st, 2009, 06:45 AM
Halo, have a question about PlayOnLinux, I need to run games from POL and check how it goes in terminal like in Wine or .log file like in cedega. Because I have problems with running of some games and i want to trace a reason. How can i do that?
I run game from terminal with executing $playonlinux --run starter.exe, but it shows pop-up message indicating that program didn't installed(sorry, it in russian on screenshot). Why? If my game "Evil_Islands" installed in Playonlinux and I can run it freely from POL GUI?
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M93OFCZL

And second, I saw "Debug Playonlinux" in POL GUI menu "Utilities" ( there also autostart, launch unofficial script, kill wineserver and manage wineversions), but how it works? Sorry i can't understand, I pressed it, but nothing happens.

ackanao
June 22nd, 2009, 02:43 PM
I think this is the simplest way to do what you want:

Go to "/home/<YOUR_NAME>/.PlayOnLinux/configurations/installed" folder and there you'll see the script for your game. Open the script in your text editor (gedit) and comment out this line:

export WINEDEBUG="-all"

it should look like this:

#export WINEDEBUG="-all"

Or if you want to turn on different "debug channels" for your game then put what you want instead of "-all". Use "man wine" to see some explanations or take a look at "Wine User Guide":

http://www.winehq.org/docs/wineusr-guide/x542

As for your other questions:

What version of POL do you use? In POL 3.5 under "Tools" menu there's:

Manage wine versions - it allows you to install any Wine version you want; Here you can choose which Wine version you want to use with different applications - For example: You can set Wine 1.1.16 for Office2007 and some other version of Wine for your Evil Islands game

Kill wineserver process - this will kill wineserver process

Run a non-official script - if you want to use your own POL script for installation of your application/game

PlayOnLinux debugger - launches xterm

Autorun - this will scan for your optical drives and mounted ISO's and then will start Installer for your application/game if it finds any.

Hope this helps...