PDA

View Full Version : Members creating troll accounts

Regenweald
June 21st, 2009, 12:50 AM
Seems to be a lot of 'new' users about the forums lately who seem really jacked into the MONO and EMPATHY debates to name two. Even saw one take a direct swipe at admin staff. It's really sad and cowardly and pitiful. Whatever you point of view, stand by it, and exchange your ideas.

Don't reduce yourself to anonymous pot shots. Mono is in, Empathy will be also. Try to be mature about the situation.

Sealbhach
June 21st, 2009, 12:56 AM
You seem kinda new yourself.:p

Delever
June 21st, 2009, 12:58 AM
Added tag *another disguised mono thread*.

Don't worry, I created one myself, seems to be like virus.

Regenweald
June 21st, 2009, 12:58 AM
You seem kinda new yourself.:p

Took a break last year for exams, schedule got hectic. Trust me, I'm not ;)

zekopeko
June 21st, 2009, 01:12 AM
Added tag *another disguised mono thread*.

Don't worry, I created one myself, seems to be like virus.

this has nothing to do with mono. it has to do with people having no arguments and trying to spread FUD or their dislike of a particular application on a purely personal basis.
Empathy is the future of Gnome's presence strategy and therefore it should be included in Ubuntu so that it could be polished by the time of 10.04 which should be a LTS release. F-Spot and Tomboy (and Banshee I hope) are the best of the breed applications that where written on top of mono. The same can be said about Firefox. It's not a Gnome application and yet we ship it by default since Epiphany doesn't have the required features.

RATM_Owns
June 21st, 2009, 01:14 AM
I don't like Mono. :P

swoll1980
June 21st, 2009, 03:12 AM
Seems to be a lot of 'new' users about the forums lately who seem really jacked into the MONO and EMPATHY debates to name two. Even saw one take a direct swipe at admin staff. It's really sad and cowardly and pitiful. Whatever you point of view, stand by it, and exchange your ideas.

Don't reduce yourself to anonymous pot shots. Mono is in, Empathy will be also. Try to be mature about the situation.

It almost seems like this is a mono thread started by a "new user" :-k

zekopeko
June 21st, 2009, 03:17 AM
It almost seems like this is a mono thread started by a "new user" :-k

i don't think so. a thread shouldn't be labeled as "another mono thread" just because somebody used mono as an example (amongst others) in the discussion.

Sef
June 21st, 2009, 03:22 AM
Locked. i do not see this thread going anywhere constructive.