PDA

View Full Version : [vim] dark colors and gnome-terminal

pikkio
June 20th, 2009, 02:53 PM
Hi! I just installed the "darkspectrum" color scheme, resembling the Oblivion theme for gedit.

Unfortunately, it seems to only work well with gvim (GTK+ GUI for vim). On gnome-terminal and konsole, colors are a total mess. I tried with other color schemes, and results are the same. With dark themes, for example, the background remains pure white. Even foreground colors are wrong and I can note random bold highlighting on keywords.

I then put "set t_Co=256" in my .vimrc, but even though colors changed a little bit, the issue still remains.

I think I should edit some options in gnome-terminal, but I've got no clue. Any ideas?

svamppi
June 20th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Vim color themes are different for gvim, basic terminal and "multi-color" terminal. I recommend the CSApprox plugin http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2390 which allows you to use any gvim color theme in a 256-color capable terminal. You probably need to either set t_Co=256 in your .vimrc or change TERM=xterm-256color in your .bashrc for it to work.

vijiboy
March 12th, 2012, 11:02 AM
thanks svamppi. CSApprox does it correctly. previously I used set t_co=256, and export TERM = "xterm-256color" but still had some colors left out.

nothingspecial
March 12th, 2012, 11:44 AM
Please don't bump very old threads to the top.

Closed.