PDA

View Full Version : Enrich your personality ?

Kenway
June 20th, 2009, 05:01 AM
I would like to befriend my female colleagues…something which I am somehow unable to do. There are some women in my office I find attractive and would like to date them. But I have to get familiar before I do that. How do I approach them? Any help?

MikeTheC
June 20th, 2009, 05:39 AM
Well, let's see. I can't believe I am giving advice on this.

If you want a much more detailed analysis of female neurology and psychology, go look up David DeAngelo on the 'net. His materials in this regard are second to none from what I've found.

In general (ladies of Ubuntu, help me out here!) you have to love and like yourself and be at peace with who you are. You also have to know who you are. If you don't have that, you've got nothing. That's the very first thing, because otherwise you will seem insincere or pretentious or just an uninteresting person.

Secondly, you need to relax and be willing to just make friends with women, and not even think about the whole "dating" angle. Get good at making sincere and legitimate friendships with them, and that will go a long way to knowing how to get along in the other sense.

Third, a healthy sense of humor is critical.

Forth, if you want a woman so bad you're willing to do anything to get her to like you, then you want that particular woman too bad, you'll miss out on others, and she'll smell that from a mile away. It won't do you or anyone else any good. Period.

It took me years and years (having absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the subject at hand here) to learn to love myself and be at peace with and accept myself, and in fact actually like myself as a friend. There's a litany of reasons, none of which do I feel like going into at the moment, but just suffice it to say I had to get to that point to do any of a number of things in life, the least of which being "being attractive to women".

cariboo
June 20th, 2009, 05:53 AM
This is not a dating service, or advice for the lovelorn. This thread is closed.