PDA

View Full Version : Obama to Nominate Open Source Advocate From IBM to Head the Patent Office

Grant A.
June 20th, 2009, 03:32 AM
http://yro.slashdot.org/story/09/06/19/1941241/Obama-Taps-IBM-Open-Source-Advocate-For-USPTO?art_pos=4

I hope he abolishes software patents altogether. :)

linuxguymarshall
June 20th, 2009, 03:35 AM
Hail hail

starcraft.man
June 20th, 2009, 03:42 AM
http://yro.slashdot.org/story/09/06/19/1941241/Obama-Taps-IBM-Open-Source-Advocate-For-USPTO?art_pos=4

I hope he abolishes software patents altogether. :)

Keep dreaming. The chasm dividing his rhetoric from his actions/policy grows larger every day. He has an exceptional talent for oratory, but it can only deceive the masses for so long.

If you want evidence, you need look no further than his drastic changes in tone on health reform, foreign policy, and perhaps most starkest treatment of the finance crisis (double standard auto to wall st.).

People need to stop hero worshipping Obama and DEMAND change, rather than wait for him to benevolently bring about change.

MaxIBoy
June 20th, 2009, 05:08 AM
Keep dreaming. The chasm dividing his rhetoric from his actions/policy grows larger every day. He has an exceptional talent for oratory, but it can only deceive the masses for so long.

If you want evidence, you need look no further than his drastic changes in tone on health reform, foreign policy, and perhaps most starkest treatment of the finance crisis (double standard auto to wall st.).

People need to stop hero worshipping Obama and DEMAND change, rather than wait for him to benevolently bring about change.+1

No one expects change right away, but as soon as possible would be nice, and if you don't start working on it now, it will take longer.

MikeTheC
June 20th, 2009, 05:28 AM
I've been watching this thread and frankly I'm surprised it hasn't been shut down yet.

There are reasons they don't allow political discussions on UF, and this thread is seriously threatening to demonstrate why that is.

cptrohn
June 20th, 2009, 05:32 AM
I've been watching this thread and frankly I'm surprised it hasn't been shut down yet.

There are reasons they don't allow political discussions on UF, and this thread is seriously threatening to demonstrate why that is.

;)Best way to kill a good forum is to have political threads in them...

MaxIBoy
June 20th, 2009, 05:41 AM
Best way to kill a thread is to start discussing the thread itself.

(OH SH-)

cariboo
June 20th, 2009, 05:49 AM
This thread is closed, because it turned into a political disscussion.