PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] need help splitting mp3, converting to Audio CD's

kwabena39
June 20th, 2009, 01:33 AM
Hello,

I have a talk radio interview mp3 that I would like to burn to CD and pass around. The file is not copyright, as far as I know, and the host encouraged listeners to spread it around.

I have Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy, AMD64.

This is what I need to do: See, I have this radio interview that is 140 minutes long, and it is an MP3. So therefore it doesn't fit on a single CD.

What I want to do is split the MP3 into two smaller MP3's, under 80 min. long, and then CONVERT them to either .WAV format or whatever other format that is needed to burn the CD's.

How do I do this?

What software do I get to split the MP3? I followed the instructions on another Ubuntu forum post to download the MP3 splitter device, but apparently it wasn't in the repository, or it couldn't do it.

So what MP3 splitter comes with Hardy Heron 8.04 for AMD 64?

Please help. That would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

NovaWasp
June 20th, 2009, 04:31 AM
Go to Add / Remove and search for Audacity. I use it to pull the musical bits out of Muppet Show episodes for my daughter. Once you've got your file split into two, you should be able to use Brasero (I can't be bothered to go get the right spelling but it's part of Ubuntu by default) to burn your CD's.

Later,