PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] No automatix?

AngelDemond
June 19th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Alright well guys, I just starting using Ubuntu again for about a couple weeks, and I decided "Hey lets find music on myspace!" So I went and it wouldn't play or even appear. And I started to look for any plug-ins i could possibly miss, and then I heard about this "Automatrix" but when I have tried many sites and downloads, it all came up in error. My terminal doesn't detect it or whatever. And I've tried many sites for 2 days but it's either they don't have it anymore or its a description about it. So my questions are, 1: Does it exist anymore? 2: Can you help me find the download.
Please and thanks in advanced.
Help is much appreciated!

starcraft.man
June 19th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Welcome. I assume by looking for music on myspace you mean flashplayers, in that case an easy fix and you won't need automatix (I think it's discontinued now...).

Top panel, System > Administration > Synaptic Package.

Search for ubuntu-restricted-extras. Check the box, push apply, and it will install flash as well as numerous other plugins your sure to be missing. Have fun.

Soul-Sing
June 19th, 2009, 10:10 PM
automatix as a project is no longer alive. Ultamatix, another
"force-install" project is more or less alive.
I strongly recommend not using these "programm's"/scripts. Use the ubuntu repos./synaptic package manager, as said by starcraft.man.

aysiu
June 19th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Automatix is both obsolete and abandoned.

If you want codecs, this will guide you through how to get them:
http://www.psychocats.net/ubuntu/nonfree

AngelDemond
June 28th, 2009, 04:57 AM
Well thanks to all of you for helping. I just finally got the nerve to check adobe and wow that helped. Anyways I appreciated all the help, I give you all a 10 out of 5. :P