PDA

View Full Version : Bit of cheek

owise1
June 19th, 2009, 08:23 AM
I ahve been using the “In a world without walls and fences, there is no need for Windows and Gates” line a bit lately and Windows colleague sent me the following picture - which I tarted up...the war goes on!

Sealbhach
June 19th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Quite true, quite true. :)

hansdown
June 19th, 2009, 12:15 PM
Has your colleague seen this one?

beercz
June 19th, 2009, 01:49 PM
*sigh*

More MS bashing .....

How boring, how immature ....

Chilli Bob
June 19th, 2009, 03:45 PM
*sigh*

More MS bashing .....

How boring, how immature ....

Hey, no-one is forcing you to read these threads. It's all in good fun.

Pogeymanz
June 19th, 2009, 04:08 PM

Agreed. It's a good-natured rivalry. Some people need to remove sticks from unmentionable places.

hansdown
June 20th, 2009, 12:25 AM
It is intended to be light humor.

MikeTheC
June 20th, 2009, 05:15 AM
Myself, I'm having a blast. I love the two above-posted images.

Do you guys have access to or can you point me to much larger versions that might be suitable as wallpaper? I'm thinking 1680x1050 or larger wide-screen format?

But those are awesome. I totally dug the first one (love the bars going across the window) and I rofl'd the second one.

swoll1980
June 20th, 2009, 05:41 AM

Agreed. It's a good-natured rivalry. Some people need to remove sticks from unmentionable places.

The whole Microsoft activist thing is a stupid trend. It will fade away like all the other stupid trends.

MikeTheC
June 20th, 2009, 05:50 AM
The whole Microsoft activist thing is a stupid trend. It will fade away like all the other stupid trends.

It will fade away, no doubt, when Microsoft is no longer around.

As an example, how many Commodore 64 or Atari ST activists do you see these days?

MaxIBoy
June 20th, 2009, 05:52 AM
It will fade away, no doubt, when Microsoft is no longer around.

As an example, how many Commodore 64 or Atari ST activists do you see these days?Well, how about Amiga activists? Those are still around. And I happen to be a Model M activist. (Sorta. It's the keyboard I recommend whenever I have cause to recommend a keyboard.)

MikeTheC
June 20th, 2009, 06:16 AM
Well, how about Amiga activists? Those are still around. And I happen to be a Model M activist. (Sorta. It's the keyboard I recommend whenever I have cause to recommend a keyboard.)

Perhaps, but I'll tell you a story you'll get a chuckle out of.

I used to work at a certain office supply store who's name didn't end in "Depot" (won't mention them here by name, of course! "Speak ye not the name of the devil, lest he shall appear.") and I worked back in the copy center. This was in 1999.

One of my co-workers (an otherwise alright guy, btw, knowledgeable, stable, personable, great with customers) had you'll-never-guess-what for a regular "daily driver" computer at home...

A Coleco Adam. Seriously.

Had it all these years, and just didn't see the need to give it up. He doesn't work there any more and I've lost touch with him, but it almost wouldn't surprise me if he was still using it to this day.

Giant Speck
June 20th, 2009, 06:38 AM
I ahve been using the “In a world without walls and fences, there is no need for Windows and Gates” line a bit lately and Windows colleague sent me the following picture - which I tarted up...the war goes on!

I actually used the original (without the crappy MSPaint bars) once. It's a very good wallpaper once you get rid of the obstructing text.

hansdown
June 21st, 2009, 05:41 AM
Myself, I'm having a blast. I love the two above-posted images.

Do you guys have access to or can you point me to much larger versions that might be suitable as wallpaper? I'm thinking 1680x1050 or larger wide-screen format?

But those are awesome. I totally dug the first one (love the bars going across the window) and I rofl'd the second one.

Ive been trying to locate the right resolution without success.

The gimp will only let me change it to 1355x1050.