PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Installation stops at 58%

perceptus
June 18th, 2009, 08:31 PM
When I install, all seems to work until I get to 58%. The install progress just says 58% and I have left it run for a long time and it just ends up not doing anything. The status said "Copying Files".

I have done an md5 on the iso that I burned and it matched. I have also check my disk and memory for errors, none were found. I am using 9.04, just downloaded it yesterday.

I have googled for this but it did not yield anything promising.

MyR
June 18th, 2009, 09:01 PM
If I were you I would try a new disc. You can also try the "alternate" cd.
Good luck!

peace

perceptus
June 18th, 2009, 09:03 PM
Do you think it could be due to the speed at which I burned the image?

mynameinc
June 18th, 2009, 09:04 PM
Do you think it could be due to the speed at which I burned the image?
Possibly.

Burn a new disk, at the lowest possible speed, and, before burning, MD5 the .iso, and then, "Check the CD for defects".

MyR
June 18th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Let us know how it goes!

perceptus
June 18th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Alrighty, Thats an easy process. Thanks for the input. Will reply after I have made some ground.

perceptus
June 18th, 2009, 11:55 PM
Well, I burned a new disc at 1x after checking the md5 which checked out good like the last one and I got to 62%, lol.

It then gave me an error which basicly said I the hardware was faulty. I hadn't really used the dvd drive for much of anything so i figured it had dust and swapped it for a better dvd drive. This drive worked a ton better but I got a heat issue because the side of my case was no on (the side that was off has 2 fans and 1 manifold). After fix all the hardware issues it installed smoothly.

Everything is working great atm and im actually Idling about 15 degrees(celcius) cooler than I did when idling with winblows.

Thanks to everyone for the help =)

mynameinc
June 19th, 2009, 03:20 PM
You're welcome, and should you have problems with your new install, simply post on the forums. Somebody will help you.

שלום
(Can't place punctuation at the end for some reason.)