PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] 9.04 - Installing phpmyadmin breaks mysql

BkoChan
June 18th, 2009, 11:04 AM
I have a fresh install of 9.04 with mysql-server-5.1 installed which works with no problems.
I then run...

$ sudo apt-get install phpmyadmin

... get it to use db-common, give it the passwords it needs, tell it to configure for apache2 and right at the end of the script it borks...

An error seems to have occurred while installing the database. If it's of any help, this was the error encountered:
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

And after that I can't connect to mysql at all, through terminal or though apache.
Anyone got any suggestions?

dipaish
June 18th, 2009, 11:05 AM
Follow this tutorial for a easy way to setup lamp server with phpmyadmin.

http://info123.org/component/content/article/72-lamp-server-in-ubuntu-jaunty

kalikid021
June 24th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Dipaish you are missing the issue. I am having a similar problem with mysql-server-5.1 installed and you try to do an apt-get install phpmyadmin dpkg wants to uninstall mysql 5.1 and install 5.0 instead.

If someone can help with installing phpmyadmin and keep mysql-server-5.1 that would be great.

I am on ubuntu 9.04 I need to use mysql 5.1 because I am clustering and it is the version that mysql has fixed a memory bug when using ndbcluster storage engine

dipaish
July 29th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Hi,

In phpmyadmin you need to enter the same password that you used while installing mysql(root password for database).

I hope this solves your issue.

:KS

dipaish
July 29th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Dipaish you are missing the issue. I am having a similar problem with mysql-server-5.1 installed and you try to do an apt-get install phpmyadmin dpkg wants to uninstall mysql 5.1 and install 5.0 instead.

If someone can help with installing phpmyadmin and keep mysql-server-5.1 that would be great.

I am on ubuntu 9.04 I need to use mysql 5.1 because I am clustering and it is the version that mysql has fixed a memory bug when using ndbcluster storage engine
Hi,

In phpmyadmin you need to enter the same password that you used while installing mysql(root password for database).

I hope this solves your issue.