PDA

View Full Version : [all variants] How to install Flash for Linux?

kttyshadow5
June 17th, 2009, 05:53 PM
Not as in how to install flash player but as in how to install F4L... I looked around to find an installation guide for a good half hour, but everything I found was ancient, or cryptic..... or both. So I would really appreciate it if someone could post/link how to install F4L.

Thanks in advance :)!

~sHyLoCk~
June 17th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Not as in how to install flash player but as in how to install F4L... I looked around to find an installation guide for a good half hour, but everything I found was ancient, or cryptic..... or both. So I would really appreciate it if someone could post/link how to install F4L.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=69156&highlight=f4l

kttyshadow5
June 17th, 2009, 06:20 PM
Unfortunately, I tried that already, to this result:

ezra@Laptop:~$ f4lm
f4lm: error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

However, I can try the previous too steps again.

wpshooter
June 17th, 2009, 06:22 PM

May I ask why you would want to use this instead of Adobe FlashPlayer ?

From my cursory research regarding this F4L, I would say that you are probably asking for trouble if you try to use that instead of Adobe Flash !!!

kttyshadow5
June 17th, 2009, 06:25 PM
I'm not sure I understand... It sounds like you're suggesting that F4L is a substitute for Adobe Flash Player, I already have Adobe Flash Player, But am looking for a substitute for Adobe Flash CS4, Adobe Flash Maker.

wpshooter
June 17th, 2009, 06:49 PM
I'm not sure I understand... It sounds like you're suggesting that F4L is a substitute for Adobe Flash Player, I already have Adobe Flash Player, But am looking for a substitute for Adobe Flash CS4, Adobe Flash Maker.

Be that as it may, my research still seemed to indicate there may be potential problems with this software, whatever, it's intended function might be.

kttyshadow5
June 17th, 2009, 07:05 PM
Yah... so has mine, mainly that no one is able to install it :)