PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Update installation failed

villalcalde84
June 17th, 2009, 01:47 AM
I'm using Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron and today I got a notification to install some updates. I installed all of them except for one, libtorrent-rasterbar4.

In the images below are the messages than appear when trying to install them. What can I do to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

villalcalde84
June 17th, 2009, 02:08 AM
As additional information, most of the updates, if not all, I do not remember, were for Deluge, and now I can not run it.

Please, some one tell me how can I fix this.

Thanks.

banana989
June 17th, 2009, 05:06 AM
+1 ... libtorrent-rasterbar4 and rasterbar2 problems here as well.

jimmy the saint
June 18th, 2009, 05:00 PM
This type of thing happens sometimes with Deluge. I assume that is what you are using. It also happens more frequently if you are using the up to date version from the deluge repos as opposed the older version in the Ubuntu repos. My solution for problematic updates regarding anything deluge or torrent related is to mark deluge and all of its parts for complete removal in synaptic, also python-libtorrent in this case since it is causing issues. Once they are completely removed, reinstall deluge and everything will be updated.

villalcalde84
June 21st, 2009, 11:42 PM
Fortunately, the problem was solved using an option from the update manager. I really do not know what it did, but it got fixed.

Thanks jimmy the saint, I was thinking about that, but before I started removing Deluge, the problem was solved. I will keep it in mind if another problem appears.