PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] Have two plasma desktops/workspaces but can't remove second one

ThomasWildEight
June 16th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Playing around with multiple and extended desktops I seem to be left with two plasma desktops on my dashboard which I don't want - see attached. This wouldn't be too bad but I don't need the second one and I can't find any way to remove it. If I click "add activity" it adds another one, but this third one has a nice red cross which on clicking asks me "Do you really want to remove this desktop" (So is it a desktop or an activity?:confused: ).

I was using the xrandr command to try and extend the desktop following by the example in this post - http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7202137 - In the end I was unable to do what I wanted as it told me my screen size was too big, and I was only able to create a second screen of 800x600.

Any help as to either the cause of this extra desktop or how to remove it would very much appreciated.

PureLoneWolf
June 17th, 2009, 11:17 AM
I had this exact issue the other day when I installed KDE onto my Ubuntu installation. Looking around the KDE forums suggested that this behaviour is by design due to instability with extended desktops with differing resolutions etc.

I didn't find a way to force it at all and went back to Gnome. The closest I could find was to set both Plasma workspaces to folder view and to have 2 Desktop folders so that it didn't duplicate icons.

If you find a way, please post the solution as I am interested myself.

Thanks