PDA

View Full Version : Advice Needed for Website

mdgrech
June 16th, 2009, 10:47 PM
Hey guys I'm in the processing of creating a medical tourism search engine. The idea is here in the states plenty of people don't have health care, and even if they do they may not be able to afford something like triple by pass heart surgery. There are providers in other countries that offer world class service at a fraction of the rate offered here in the states.

The idea is provide a gateway that will connect care providers with clients. I was thinking the best way to do it would be just a simple search engine. Care Providers would need to create an account where they would enter their facility information, location, services etc. The info would be entered into a database, for visitors to search.

Revenue would be generated from ads. I largely based on the model off of tripadvisor.com where hotels, resturants etc create accounts and travelers search the site for what they are looking for.

What do you guys think about the idea? Do you foresee any potential pitfalls? Thanks.

ddrichardson
June 16th, 2009, 10:52 PM
What do you guys think about the idea? Do you foresee any potential pitfalls? Thanks.
Yes, don't use the phrase "medical tourism" or at least clarify its meaning. In the UK at least it has connotations with deceiving the National Health Service into obtaining treatment you aren't entitled to at the taxpayer's expense.