PDA

View Full Version : A new IP

jerrrys
June 16th, 2009, 06:18 PM
We have decided to upgrade our service. The current IP is max out, so we went with another major ISP.

first thing that happen:

a no-show on install day. called the ISP and was informed we did not have an account (even thou we received the wireless/modem/router via UPS)

second install attempt:

a no-show once again. called ISP and was informed of a paperwork mixup

third attempt:

again a no show> was informed by ISP that it was installed. Asked IP if it is installed, where is the plugin for the modem. IP could not answer that on, but said they will send out an installer and install it for free. I informed ISP it was a free install to begin with. of course this could not be verified because of paperwork mixup.

Gave up and cancelled the service. ISP said that they would send someone out to disconnect the service that never got installed!?*!

Two days later I received an $80 install/disconnect bill. I think I have stumbled across the biggest collection of idots on the planet. good news is that i now seem to be the owner of a Motorola 3347 modem. They don't seem to want it back, must be a paperwork mixup huh...

chris4585
June 16th, 2009, 07:43 PM
ISP you mean?

jerrrys
June 16th, 2009, 07:54 PM
ISP you mean?
yes, that would be more right... :)

chris4585
June 16th, 2009, 10:06 PM
I would call them again to inform them that no one came to setup the modem in the first place. Sounds like a mixup or just some idiots that don't know what they're doing.