PDA

View Full Version : why dosent UF keep the PMs you have sent?

nolliecrooked
June 16th, 2009, 08:16 AM
all I have is received.

loell
June 16th, 2009, 08:18 AM
it does..

Giant Speck
June 16th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Not trying to sound insulting or condescending, but have you tried looking in the sent folder?

It works for me.

nolliecrooked
June 16th, 2009, 08:22 AM
it does..
no, it dosent for me.

Not trying to sound insulting or condescending, but have you tried looking in the sent folder?

It works for me.

okkkkkkkk

i goto Private Messages, then the little drop down menu in Folder Controls, click Sent Items, and then go.

am I doing something wrong?

Grant A.
June 16th, 2009, 08:25 AM
If you want to archive them on your own computer, go to the private message folder that contains the messages you wish to download, and at the bottom right hand corner of the page, hit, "Download Private Messages As..." and select the format of your choosing.

Keep in mind, that sharing ones containing another person's replies may be illegal in your jurisdiction (such as in the United States).

nolliecrooked
June 16th, 2009, 08:27 AM
If you want to archive them on your own computer, go to the private message folder that contains the messages you wish to download, and at the bottom right hand corner of the page, hit, "Download Private Messages As..." and select the format of your choosing.

Keep in mind, that sharing ones containing another person's replies may be illegal in your jurisdiction (such as in the United States).

lol. I cant exactly archive what dosent exist, but thanks, Ill remember that.

Giant Speck
June 16th, 2009, 08:28 AM

I think his problem is that he can't even see the sent items in the first place.

sim-value
June 16th, 2009, 08:33 AM
You need to opt that in first ...

nolliecrooked
June 16th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I apparently need to tell UF to store the message to the sent folder....

WTF kinda backwards system is that?

did I just time warp back to personal messaging in the 70s or something?

sim-value
June 16th, 2009, 08:42 AM
To amake it default go here : http://ubuntuforums.org/profile.php?do=editoptions and select "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" i think it isnt default (anymore ?) because of resources...

nolliecrooked
June 16th, 2009, 08:43 AM
To amake it default go here : http://ubuntuforums.org/profile.php?do=editoptions and select "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default" i think it isnt default (anymore ?) because of resources...

thanks again dude :)