PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Sun Virtualbox configuration

powel212
June 16th, 2009, 06:45 AM
I have XP running in Sun Virtualbox inside Jaunty.

Usually when I open the xp host it opens in a "box window" which I can switch to full screen and on screen it looks just like I am running xp natively.

But one time I launched the xp host and it did not launch a "box window" it just started and I was left with the xp start bar at the bottom of my Jaunty desktop. I thought that was pretty cool. But then when I shut it down and restarted it it was back to the "box window" again.

I have looked for a switch inside virtualbox and the host but have been unable to get it to just show the startbar at the bottom of my Jaunty screen again.

Anyone know how to adjust virtualbox to switch between "box window" mode and just the startbar showing?

Thanks

Powel

PureLoneWolf
June 16th, 2009, 07:38 AM
I believe you are referring to Seamless mode, but I don't think you can get it to launch in seamless mode from the GUI.

According to the VirtualBox forums, if you shutdown the machine in seamless mode, it should remember it the next time you launch the virtual machine.

Unless you have changed it, pressing RightCTRL and L will get you in and out of seamless mode

kpkeerthi
June 16th, 2009, 07:39 AM
Its called Seamless Mode. The option is available in the VirtualBox menu.

powel212
June 16th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Thank you.