PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Firefox upgrade splashy conflict

cwsnyder
June 16th, 2009, 12:43 AM
I am not sure this is the place to report a bug during an upgrade. I searched the forums for 'Firefox 3.0.11 upgrade' with no results.

I ran into a problem which stopped the
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade process in its tracks during the upgrade to Firefox 3.0.11. I forgot to save the error message, but it was because the package splashy was using one of the log files in /etc which would have been affected by the upgrade. Using
sudo rm filename I removed the offending file as a trial to see if that would allow the process to continue. This did not work. This was Saturday, June 13. Tonight (Monday, June 15) I decided, since splashy was having problems which I had not had enough time to troubleshoot, that I would simply remove splashy with
sudo apt-get remove splashy which removed splashy and a file that depended on it. I finally was able to get the upgrade process to finish after removing splashy.

This is more of a notice that I solved a problem than a question, but I am open for questions and will check back tomorrow to see if there are any comments and/or questions;)