PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Copying DVDs

Miljet
June 16th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Can anyone point me to a current how-to for using K9Copy? Yes, I know there are tons of them on the net. I have at least a dozen of them bookmarked. But they all are either outdated, or not understandable.

I have version 2.0.2 installed. Every tutorial I try to follow mentions selecting options that are not available (or I simply can't find) on the version I have.

Or perhaps, someone can suggest a different DVD ripping program. Something a dummy like me can understand how to work. And preferably something for Gnome and not KDE.

I am not particularly interested in learning all the different video formats or how to convert between them. I don't even care what format it is in. I just want to be able to insert disk, select copy, change disks when prompted, and be able to have a usable backup when finished.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

cybergalvez
June 16th, 2009, 01:00 AM
The new wizard that comes with k9 works pretty well, if all you want to do is a simple copy its the simplist way to go. Sorry I don't know of any tutorials, but I do use it all the time. I'll see if I can send you some simple instructions later tonight

Can anyone point me to a current how-to for using K9Copy? Yes, I know there are tons of them on the net. I have at least a dozen of them bookmarked. But they all are either outdated, or not understandable.

I have version 2.0.2 installed. Every tutorial I try to follow mentions selecting options that are not available (or I simply can't find) on the version I have.

Or perhaps, someone can suggest a different DVD ripping program. Something a dummy like me can understand how to work. And preferably something for Gnome and not KDE.

I am not particularly interested in learning all the different video formats or how to convert between them. I don't even care what format it is in. I just want to be able to insert disk, select copy, change disks when prompted, and be able to have a usable backup when finished.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

Miljet
June 16th, 2009, 01:27 AM
Thanks, I would appreciate it. I have been fighting with this for weeks and all I have accomplished so far is make a few coasters. I like to make copies for the grandkids to use when they visit and keep the originals in a safe place.

Maybe I am missing something, but I haven't seen anything about a wizard. That sounds interesting.