PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] no information when ask whether to skip or replace

lesholt
June 15th, 2009, 05:42 AM
This is probably a simple one, but it is driving me nuts.

Where is the metadata about mp3 files when you move or save files?

When the system asks do you want to skip or replace an existing file it doesn't give me any information. In 8.04 the system would give me file size, bit rate and duration information. so that I could compare the 2 files. Now I get nothing not even file size.

I tried it with nautilus krusader dolphin and thurun and I get the same response The information is listed under properties, but it does not display during the skip or replay operation.

what am i missing

aged hippy
June 15th, 2009, 07:59 AM
Try it with Konqueror, i don't know if it will work but there is a chance.... :)

lesholt
June 16th, 2009, 01:30 AM
I tried that, didn't work.

It must be something in kde which is not likily since the same problem occurs in gnome.

It must be either a common file that is no longer being installed or something in the kernal.

I need to know if this is my problem or is it universal can anyone else see this information?

skullmunky
June 17th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Ah, yes, they're all blank. Interesting, since size and modification date are reported correctly for other file types.

Actually I didn't even know this feature existed! Cool! though cooler if it worked.

Same problem in Gnome, you said?

lesholt
June 18th, 2009, 12:48 AM
Your right, it was a nice feature when it worked. that s why I miss it. I didn't realize before that it still worked for some files types, so thanks

It comes in handy when loading music onto my mp3 player, and it helped eliminate a lot of duplicates that have been wasting space on my hd for years.

if I can convince a few more people to tell me what they see, it might be worth a bug report or two.

Thank for the help.