PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Desktop is messed up

Crazy K
June 15th, 2009, 04:10 AM
I was stumbling through stuff just a bit ago, and came across a topic called "20 things to do after installing ubuntu". Well the first one I saw interested me, so I went and tried it. Anyways it allows you to have different wallpaper on each workstation. Well, I followed the directions and such, and now, I can't do anything with the desktop. I can't click on the desktop, right click, put files or anything.

I used Advanced Desktop Settings to do this.

Here's the site I used to do this: http://anuragbansal.wordpress.com/2008/05/10/how-to-get-different-wallpapers-on-each-workspace-in-ubuntu/

Please help me fix this, I went back and fixed everything back to the right setting, but it doesn't seem to help me out.

EDIT:

Wow do I feel like an idiot. I restarted and that fixed the problem. Go ahead and delete this topic if you want to.

ckonestroh
June 15th, 2009, 07:50 AM
This is stupid didn't work for me....

To do the same effect I went pressed alt + f2 typed ccsm brings up compiz...

Went to Utlity selected wallpaper enabled wallpaper and loaded 4 wallpapers had to edit images from Scale and crop to Scaled images....

later....

Worked easily didn't even have to go to gconf-editor and deselect anything

By the way right clicking my desktop his way disabled my menu

that sucked

Now I have to restart my computer what an idoit....

Ops I guess you still have to disable show desktop in gconf-editor under apps>Nautlis>show desktop uncheck the box...

Be warned right clicking your desktop disabled...

not good...