PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Manual Installation Of a package

hambos22
June 14th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Hello.. I installed Ubuntu Jaunty.. I have a laptop with Atheros Communications Inc. AR242x 802.11abg wifi.. On Jaunty my wifi works perfect but i want to go back to Ubuntu 8.04 because i want compiz to get work. After searching i read that i must install madwifi drivers. But before i do that i must install build-essential.. Well here is the problem.. I need an internet conection to do that. Without wifi how i'm gonna have net? I can't connect wired because i take internet from my neibourgh. I'm not in my country to go to my friends house who has router, because i'm in Sweden with an Erasmus Programm(i'm in university).. Well, my point is to install build-essential manually.. Can i? I've downloaded in .deb files

libstdc++6-4.2-dev_4.2.4-1ubuntu3_i386
g++_4.2.3-1ubuntu3_i386
dpkg-dev_1.14.16.6ubuntu3_all
build-essential_11.3ubuntu1_i386
g++-4.2_4.2.4-1ubuntu3_i386

can i install build essential with that way?

well i read and a topic which tells that there is one more way to install manually build-essential. With the cd-rom of the distro..

Is there another and fully working way?

thanks

Shazaam
June 14th, 2009, 08:22 PM
build-essential is on the Ubuntu livecd as you know. The dependencies should be there too.
If you don't have access to a livecd, click on the downloaded build-essential.deb and it will tell you what dependencies you need (it looks like you already have them). Install those first and retry build-essential.

hambos22
June 14th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Ok man i will try. Thanx