PDA

View Full Version : finally! back to ubuntu :)

teh'p3nsi0n3r
June 14th, 2009, 02:56 PM
Hi folks, Just saying hi and I am happy to be back ubuntuing once again. :)

Sold my old Gateway laptop to my father as I needed money, so I've been using Windows for a while for web work and other needs on my HP.

I just got given an old p4 3.00ghz 512mbs ram to me for free. :)
I have been itching to get my hands on a copy of jaunty to play around with! and i must say I am more than impressed! VERY.
Think my friends were more impressed last night to the fact my dad fitted 2 of my old hard disks and how quick ubuntu installed.

Straight away we were playing youtube videos in no time, streaming tunes, chatting on msn with pidgin.
This morning have managed to run spotify under the latest version of wine.
Away to get a new monitor, keyboard etc today, but ubuntu is running so smoothly its amazing, and the little notifications on the top right which pop up with pidgin notifications and network info. That is just genius and very handy.

Canonical have outdone themselfs this time round. The new wave theme is awesome btw, I do not feel the need to tinker with themes. :D

dragos240
June 14th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Hi folks, Just saying hi and I am happy to be back ubuntuing once again. :)

Sold my old Gateway laptop to my father as I needed money, so I've been using Windows for a while for web work and other needs on my HP.

I just got given an old p4 3.00ghz 512mbs ram to me for free. :)
I have been itching to get my hands on a copy of jaunty to play around with! and i must say I am more than impressed! VERY.
Think my friends were more impressed last night to the fact my dad fitted 2 of my old hard disks and how quick ubuntu installed.

Straight away we were playing youtube videos in no time, streaming tunes, chatting on msn with pidgin.
This morning have managed to run spotify under the latest version of wine.
Away to get a new monitor, keyboard etc today, but ubuntu is running so smoothly its amazing, and the little notifications on the top right which pop up with pidgin notifications and network info. That is just genius and very handy.

Canonical have outdone themselfs this time round. The new wave theme is awesome btw, I do not feel the need to tinker with themes. :D

Welcome back! I have no idea who you are!

teh'p3nsi0n3r
June 14th, 2009, 03:28 PM
thank you :) sorry I have not really made any introductions, but I have been on this forum for a few years.