PDA

View Full Version : Love it

varanasi
June 13th, 2009, 11:39 PM
I have been using Ubuntu for about 3 years now. I used Gentoo and windows for 5 years before that.

Every time I see the update indicator and I do the update and everything still works, I want to shout "Thank you!"

Love it.

raymondh
June 13th, 2009, 11:44 PM
every time i see the update indicator and i do the update and everything still works, i want to shout "thank you!"

lololol ....

Grant A.
June 13th, 2009, 11:49 PM
You only used Windows for 5 years? I used it for 10. You must be quite young. :o

varanasi
June 14th, 2009, 12:00 AM
You only used Windows for 5 years? I used it for 10. You must be quite young. :o

lol. Only 10? Windows 95 was earth shattering. Sorry you missed it!

MasterNetra
June 14th, 2009, 12:31 AM
lol. Only 10? Windows 95 was earth shattering. Sorry you missed it!

More like PC shattering I didn't and I still don't miss it XD

jbruced
June 14th, 2009, 12:36 AM
Shout it to the rooftops!

Why couldn't this be the way from the beginning?

:-)

bruce89
June 14th, 2009, 01:02 AM
I have been using Ubuntu for about 3 years now. I used Gentoo and windows for 5 years before that.

Every time I see the update indicator and I do the update and everything still works, I want to shout "Thank you!"

Love it.

My story is almost the reverse. I'm using Gentoo now, and I don't find it too bad (apart from complilation failures occassionally).

varanasi
June 14th, 2009, 01:27 AM
My story is almost the reverse. I'm using Gentoo now, and I don't find it too bad (apart from complilation failures occassionally).

Gentoo is wonderful. And the gentoo community is awesome. I just couldn't spend days and days of work time keeping my computer functional. (Some kernel updates took more than a week for me to figure out.) There were always plenty of people to help, but it just got to be painful.

With Ubuntu, I know when anything has a stable update. I click and - BABY! -- I am up to date. I am up to date without an interruption, save the irresistible pause to marvel at how wonderfully well it went.