PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Help in changing sound attributes

comsparks
June 13th, 2009, 10:09 PM
What is the best sound editor? I want to change a sound file to PCM 8,000 16 bit mono.

PureLoneWolf
June 13th, 2009, 10:12 PM
It depends on the format, I find Audacity (in the repos) the best for this sort of work...plus you can crop too.

comsparks
June 13th, 2009, 10:29 PM
What I'm trying to do is convert WAV to QCP. I've search the forums here and downloaded several programs but none seems to fit the bill. However, I have a program in XP that will convert them but the file has to be set at PCM 8,000 16bit mono for it to convert properly otherwise all I get is a 0 bit file or hissing. If I can modify the file I can move it over to XP and create a QCP ringtone.

PureLoneWolf
June 14th, 2009, 05:27 AM
Then you can use Audacity to convert the WAV to 8000 16bit mono and then the other app to convert, either through Wine or a Virtualbox windows install (or of course dual boot)

That said, I found this http://www.qctconnect.com/downloads/purevoice/pvsdk_readme.txt but couldn't locate a download, maybe you could contact Qualcomm about the actual software

comsparks
June 14th, 2009, 06:13 AM
Thanks. I've email out to a bunch of companies including Sprint. Now if they respond... If I ever get it working in Linux (Ubuntu) I will post it here. I usually use this forum as the last resort for help after I've exhausted all searches. I've used Audacity but the files come out horrible and distorted when converted. Thanks again.