PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Members please support me becoming a Ubuntu member.

earobinson
January 17th, 2006, 06:05 PM
I have been using and involved in ubuntu for a while now and I think its about time I become a Ubuntu Member. Even if your not a member and just want to post in this thread in support or not It would be nice :)

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EdwardARobinson

What do I need for membership?

Membership of the Ubuntu community means recognition of a significant and sustained contribution to Ubuntu and the Ubuntu community. Contributions in all areas are welcome, from support to advocacy, from programming to artwork and documentation, from LoCoteam activities to core packaging.

If you think your contributions have been significant and sustained (at least two months of visible, significant activity) enough, you can try to become a member. Follow the rest of these guidelines, add yourself to the agenda and come to the next meeting.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NewMemberHowto

So Im asking for all of your support.

Thanks.

Edit: curuxz request.

curuxz
January 17th, 2006, 06:11 PM
EDIT: removed my post since it was ment to be members only

23meg
January 17th, 2006, 06:15 PM
if im going to go against the judgement of the wise admins then it has to be with someone with more than 3 years of nix under their belt :)

This has nothing to do with being a forum admin; there's no experience requirement for becoming an official member. Any substantial contribution to Ubuntu can qualify you for membership.

It's up to the council to judge.

curuxz
January 17th, 2006, 06:22 PM
EDIT: removed my post since it was ment to be members only

23meg
January 17th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Sorry, I must have misread you; it might help if you used more punctuation in your posts. He's calling for other Ubuntu members already; you only have a say if you're a member.

curuxz
January 17th, 2006, 06:55 PM
Rite, it would be nice if he told us that a bit more specificaly first.

earobinson
January 17th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Im not talking about the forum admin im talking about the guys that admin membership meg :), im just staying I dont know of any contributuion he is only been at linux for a few years so i cant see a reason to point out fault on the 'councils' part. As far as im concerned they will do this when they are ready im not realy sure if they would listen even if we did say we wanted him to be let in.

:)

Membership of the Ubuntu community means recognition of a significant and sustained contribution to Ubuntu and the Ubuntu community. Contributions in all areas are welcome, from support to advocacy, from programming to artwork and documentation, from LoCoteam activities to core packaging.

If you think your contributions have been significant and sustained (at least two months of visible, significant activity) enough, you can try to become a member. Follow the rest of these guidelines, add yourself to the agenda and come to the next meeting.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NewMemberHowto

Seems I only need two months of visible, significant activity I have been on the forums for much longer than that.

It is ok if you dont support me. Im just looking for support. But I feel that I have what they are looking for, with all the work I do on the forums.

I know the CC and the forums have had "problems" but I dont think this will be a problem since we all want the same thing.

curuxz
January 17th, 2006, 07:10 PM
I did not mean it in a nasty way, just a bit odd to see this. Kind of reminds me of the old brown hammer syndrome. Is there not a more offical channel you can persue than the forum.

earobinson
January 17th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Well I linked to what I have to do to become a member in the first post.

There will be an offical meeting and a tip that they give is

If you put yourself on the agenda, you will have to come to the next meeting. Also try to bring a 'fanclub' - if there are recognized members of the Ubuntu community supporting you at the meeting, this will definitely speed up the process of approving you.

At the meeting you will be asked to introduce yourself. Please prepare a short description of yourself, your contributions and your plans which you can easily paste into the channel when it's your turn for an introduction.

And I know a lot of the people on the forums are members and Im sure some are that I dont know about. So If anyone thinks that I am of value and would like to support me what would be great.

BTW No offence taken (just more posts to this thread so that can only get it more views lol) There are lots of places that I can try and find people to support me, but most of my work is done on the forums so what better place to look for support.

curuxz
January 18th, 2006, 01:12 AM
Well I have removed my comments since i misunderstood both who you were asking and why asking here :)

earobinson
January 18th, 2006, 02:04 AM
meh, community support is still nice to have lol.

rjwood
January 18th, 2006, 02:14 AM
I don't know whether or not I count but, you have my support if you need it..

xequence
January 18th, 2006, 03:24 AM
I have no idea what this is, why you want to do it, or why you need our support, but ill support you.

nocturn
January 18th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Hi,

I think you need to become an Ubuntero first, this is easy done by signing the code of conduct from the launchpad.

earobinson
January 18th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Ya I know.... Im working on that, went home to do it yesterday but after I registered my gpg code I had to wait 30 mins for the servers to sync, and now Im at work again on windows. Im going to do it thursday (calc test today... wish me luck)

earobinson
January 20th, 2006, 05:24 AM
Doc signed lol took some time but it has been done.

earobinson
January 25th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Just an update both me and manicka (http://www.ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=20364) are now ubuntu members.... thanks for all the support guys!

patrick295767
January 26th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Hi,

I think you need to become an Ubuntero first, this is easy done by signing the code of conduct from the launchpad.

First, Greetings from Belgium to Belgium ! :-)

Becoming Ubuntu Admin / Forum staff tooo fast might be rather dangerous for the forum, I guess...

I saw some people becoming Forum staff very very fast, without so much posts.
And, ...
The result was of Quality, since the choice & quality of the council is as Ubuntu itself : without any single failure & Amazingly Great !
(Plz keep being vigilant as you always were !)

Greetz';

Pat'
============
(Concerning the support of this thread, I support too)

earobinson
January 26th, 2006, 03:30 PM
Please read the first post, becoming a ubuntu member has nothing to do with the forums.