PDA

View Full Version : Chrils Pirillo fans here?

kevdog
June 13th, 2009, 02:17 PM
I don't know -- my opinion -- hey kind of annoys me. Talks a lot and loves to give commentary but utility of his speak? Jury is still out on that one!

The Real Dave
June 13th, 2009, 02:54 PM
Im sorry, but I've gotta admit it =] I am definately a Chris Pirillo fan =]

keplerspeed
June 13th, 2009, 03:01 PM
He does talk a lot. I enjoy listening to him sometimes, he has some great opinions, but at the same time.. I get sick of him reasonably quickly.

pwnst*r
June 13th, 2009, 03:26 PM
i'm a fan of not listening to his dribble.

MikeTheC
June 13th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Who is Chris Pirillo?

Darkhack
June 13th, 2009, 04:41 PM
Who is Chris Pirillo?
He's a tech commentator. He had his own TV show for a while and now blogs/streams online. His nickname (and name of his website) is Lockergnome which comes from the fact that he could completely fit into his locker in high school. Even as an adult, he is only 5'3 (160 cm). Wikipedia has an article about him. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Pirillo

Chris is a really nice guy but I no longer listen to him for two reasons. The first is that he tends to target the less geeky and less skilled computer user. If you're an Ubuntu user and know your way around computers, you'll likely get bored listening to him. The second reason is that Chris takes an incredibly long time to spit out what he's trying to say. I've seen him make ten minute YouTube videos which have about two minutes worth of content. He has a really hard time getting to the point. It makes listening to him annoying and even stressful at times. He really is a super nice guy though. Sometimes he tries too hard to be funny, but I forgive him.

CharmyBee
June 13th, 2009, 05:13 PM
I enjoyed him for being the short-term host for Call for Help in 2002. I remember his live shenanegans. :D

Also a Leo Laporte fan too.

Frak
June 13th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I enjoyed him for being the short-term host for Call for Help in 2002. I remember his live shenanegans. :D

Also a Leo Laporte fan too.
Same. Laporte was my favorite host of all time.

I only watch Pirillo to see him blow up on camera. ALWAYS funny.

Woormy
June 13th, 2009, 05:25 PM
He's a clown who has more talk than knowledge. Some people are just desperate to be in show business.

starcannon
June 13th, 2009, 06:03 PM
I don't know -- my opinion -- hey kind of annoys me. Talks a lot and loves to give commentary but utility of his speak? Jury is still out on that one!

Chris Pirillo is a bit like opera; in the right setting I can enjoy. Otherwise, nah.

Oh yea, and Leo Laporte, I was a fan of his; I sure do miss TechTV :(