PDA

View Full Version : Development framework using IPC and c

derm0
January 17th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Hi all,
I'm currently doing a final year project investigaing the use of multi-chip technology on an FPGA.
The gist of the project is to create a development framework in Linux which can be applicable to uClinux.
This mainly involves using IPC (InterProcess Communication) commands. For the project I've decide to use both pipes and sockets and decided to write the program using C.
I've started having a lot of trouble with creating IPC programs - Prob because a lot of the info I've been able to get and am working off is for UNIX and although obviously similiar to Linux there does seem to be differences that are causing problems.
I was wondering if anyone had any prior experience with using IPC in Ubuntu and if there are any problems that ye might know of that I could avoid. Also if there are any differences in compiling and running c programs on Ubuntu.
Thanks for yer time,
Derm

vijayanand_sodadasi
February 10th, 2006, 11:18 AM
I've started having a lot of trouble with creating IPC programs - Prob because a lot of the info I've been able to get and am working off is for UNIX and although obviously similiar to Linux there does seem to be differences that are causing problems.
I was wondering if anyone had any prior experience with using IPC in Ubuntu and if there are any problems that ye might know of that I could avoid.

I am trying to learn network programming and IPC. I am also looking for above information.

Vijay