PDA

View Full Version : My new experience with Network Manager

gletob
June 12th, 2009, 10:29 PM
So way back some time around fiesty I got so fed up with Network Manager that I switched to WICD and every new install from there out the first thing I did after install (if everything was working right) was install WICD.

So I got my new LG Banter from Alltel/Verizon Merger and decided that since I now have an EVDO Rev. A capable phone, I would get a data plan.

So expecting that it will be nearly impossible in ubuntu I go into Windows and begin my search for the driver. Well getting it work took a good 45 minutes to an hour. So I go into Ubuntu for the heck of it and go into WICD and say to my self: "There's no thethering in WICD, let's try network manager" so I install network manager, plug in my phone, click the tray icon and BAM right there is an option for CDMA Wireless Modem.

I'm very impressed with this and I also praise LG for making the system very easy on the phone side (When you connect the USB cable the phone ask if you want it in Mass Storage or USB Modem mode)

BTW, In the windows device manager it lists a LG NMEA Gps Device. Anyone know how to get this working in Windows or Ubuntu?