PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] jaunty xorg and nvidia problem GeForce 8600m GT 256

jackal_twister
June 12th, 2009, 05:15 PM
Hi All,
After my upgrade to jaunty, After restart xserver crashed and did not recognise my graphics card, I have since just gone through standard settings (this means I cant use combiz and other cool things)

I have been looking for a while now for a decent fix for this but nothing has helped, I am unsure of what to do, anyone having similar problems, or know of a fix let me know!

overdrank
June 12th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Hi All,
After my upgrade to jaunty, After restart xserver crashed and did not recognise my graphics card, I have since just gone through standard settings (this means I cant use combiz and other cool things)

I have been looking for a while now for a decent fix for this but nothing has helped, I am unsure of what to do, anyone having similar problems, or know of a fix let me know!

Hi and when you mean Ubuntu does not recognize your graphics card, do you mean you have no drivers listed under system, administration, hardware drivers?
Have you tried to install the nvidia drivers manually?
You may wish to try the 185.XX drivers here (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1125400&highlight=nvidia+185)