PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu is not loading

nileshlog
June 12th, 2009, 08:55 AM
:(I have loaded ububtu 9.04 along side windows but somehow managed to corrupt grub.

I later was able to load grub and also get listing of ubuntu . I can load in to windows but whlie loading in to ubuntu it gives error cannot some image and loading default image. then goes in to tty login.

how can i re access ubuntu login?

nickcpsm
June 12th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Hi

This is my first posting!

I have been trying to load Ubuntu 9.04 on to a Packard Bell imedia 5068 with AMD Athlon XP1600+ I have removed XP from the machine reformatted the HDD. The HDD has Ubuntu 9.04 successfully loaded on it from this PC and runs here no problem. Move the HDD to the Packard Bell it refuses to run and will not load the grub. I have also tried to run the Live CD of both Ubuntu and Xbuntu, both have problems loading. I have done some futher research and discovered that Packard Bell place what is known as a "tattoo" on the BIOS which searches for the same as the OS is loading, that is either from the CD or the HDD. This "tattoo" is also on HP PCs. So this would appear to be the problem as I have no problems running Ubuntu on two other machines that I have built myself. OK, anyone have anything they can add to this?? Can you reprogramme the BIOS and if so with what and how should it be done. Any ideas folks?? I just simply want to run either Ubuntu or Xbuntu on this machine.......no XP

nileshlog
June 12th, 2009, 12:20 PM
Hi

This is my first posting!

I have been trying to load Ubuntu 9.04 on to a Packard Bell imedia 5068 with AMD Athlon XP1600+ I have removed XP from the machine reformatted the HDD. The HDD has Ubuntu 9.04 successfully loaded on it from this PC and runs here no problem. Move the HDD to the Packard Bell it refuses to run and will not load the grub. I have also tried to run the Live CD of both Ubuntu and Xbuntu, both have problems loading. I have done some futher research and discovered that Packard Bell place what is known as a "tattoo" on the BIOS which searches for the same as the OS is loading, that is either from the CD or the HDD. This "tattoo" is also on HP PCs. So this would appear to be the problem as I have no problems running Ubuntu on two other machines that I have built myself. OK, anyone have anything they can add to this?? Can you reprogramme the BIOS and if so with what and how should it be done. Any ideas folks?? I just simply want to run either Ubuntu or Xbuntu on this machine.......no XP

dear friend, pls start a ned thread for your problem. should never post problem as a reply to a problem

dstew
June 12th, 2009, 02:27 PM
@ nileshog:

What do you mean that you loaded Ubuntu "alongside Windows"? Did you install Ubuntu to its own disk partition, or use Wubi?

@nickcpsm:

I agree with the original poster, you should start your own thread. It gets too confusing trying to answer two questions in one thread. We're not getting down on you, we just want to give the best answers to all.

nickcpsm
June 20th, 2009, 11:51 AM
OK so it is now shown as a thread?? Sorry green to all this!?