PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] File sharing in Kubuntu 9.04

neanderslob
June 12th, 2009, 04:39 AM
Hi all,

As you've probably heard, the latest release of Kubuntu has some serious file sharing impediments. For a few folks, it's apparently simply a matter of pasting together some extra packages and some broken code as detailed in the following URL: http://ubuntuforums.org/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=329. Unfortunately I'm not so lucky and installing the missing packages doesn't change my situation at all. I'm figuring that it will be taken care of in the new release so I'm not too determined to get this feature of kde working. HOWEVER, I'd really like to find some way around this all together. Is it possible to get gnomes file sharing package to interface with KDE without too much hassle? Please give me any ideas you might have.

krazyd
June 12th, 2009, 05:42 AM
What file sharing problems are you having? SMB issues?

neanderslob
June 12th, 2009, 09:06 PM
I am having samba issues, but I also can't share between linux machines either. The deal is that when I go to the folder, I right click and select properties. Then I go over to the share tab. I am then confronted with a button that says something like "configure file sharing." I press it and enter my password when prompted and nothing happens. It's apparently a pretty common bug. The URL that I posted above has apparently solved the problem for some folks but it didn't help me at all.