PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Desktop stuck in a zoom state? [New User]

MoleMan112
June 12th, 2009, 01:13 AM
Well sorta hard to describe but its sorta stuck in zoom, to get to the edge of the screen i move the cursor close to the wall and it shifts as if my screen is to small to hold the entire image... but if i lower res it still happens, only thing i can think of is there might be some foreign shrtcut to zoom in. im sure a reboot will fix it but i wouldnt mind knowing how i caused it.

thanks for any help.

MoleMan112
June 12th, 2009, 01:25 AM
probably helps to know im running Ubuntu 9.04 and have a GeForce 8800

nandemonai
June 12th, 2009, 02:51 AM
Well sorta hard to describe but its sorta stuck in zoom, to get to the edge of the screen i move the cursor close to the wall and it shifts as if my screen is to small to hold the entire image... but if i lower res it still happens, only thing i can think of is there might be some foreign shrtcut to zoom in. im sure a reboot will fix it but i wouldnt mind knowing how i caused it.

thanks for any help.

Welcome to the forums budd :P

Compiz zoom would be your problem. The default binding is Super (Windows key) - Mouse scroll.

Jimleko211
June 12th, 2009, 02:53 AM
You could have also hit windows + r, which makes it zoom. Press windows + e, and then hit enter.

sailthesea
June 12th, 2009, 02:57 AM
Welcome to the forums budd :P

Compiz zoom would be your problem. The default binding is Super (Windows key) - Mouse scroll.

Whoah! How cool is that! I had no idea you could do that:p
And Welcome MM112

MoleMan112
June 13th, 2009, 01:11 AM
Ahh that was the problem.. That'll be right, I manage to mash the keyboard and scroll.. Cheers for that nandemonai and thanks all for the help.