PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 9.04 desktop and Eucalyptus

jesse758
June 11th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Recently, I am trying to install Eucalyptus Cloud Computing envitonment on Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop Edition. I checked the document from Ubuntu and Eucalyptus, I am wondering whether Eucalyptus can work on Ubuntu 9.04 Desktop edition, because the document about Eucalyptus and Ubuntu 9.04 is about Ubuntu 9.04 Server edition. That is where I got confused. Thanks a lot for your attention. I appreciate it.
Have a good one.

jimv
June 11th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Server edition = Desktop edition - GUI + slightly different kernel

That said, it will work just fine with the Desktop edition.

wubiboy
October 17th, 2009, 01:23 AM
Hi All

OK first off I had Eucalyptus running on my brand new fresh install of 9.04 Jaunty on a Dell with 200Gb HD, P4 2.9 and 1 Gb of ram

It actually worked. :P I could connect from within the Office, and also from outside of my firewall via a remote connection at a clients office.

But alas, I came to the office this morning all giddy ready to move forward with my experiment and much to my dismay. It had stopped working during the night.

Try as I may I can not get the thing to run again after uninstalling and reinstalling and uninstalling again and reading a gazillion posts, bugs and how2's on it.

Now I can't even get through the install without errors that I can't, for the life of me, find answers to.

I guess to get to my question.....

I implore, no, beg you, is there anyone that can write a decent tutorial on installing this beast in plain English [not geek speak] without leaving critical steps out that you have to google, and one that has the NOOB in mind?

I'm not one to ask for too much help on forums but this is really got the stump on me and I would really love to have this up and running by spring.

I learn by doing, I'm not the best at reading > # gedunks and inits type of stuff.

Thank you in advance for your continued support.

L