PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Is there a KDE Theme Manager for Ubuntu?

His
June 11th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Is there a KDE Theme Manager for Ubuntu?

I just decided to install KDE, and I've been trying to figure out how to install new themes. I've read that there is a kde theme manager, but I can't find it in Ubuntu, or the repos... am I missing it?

Chronon
June 11th, 2009, 08:01 PM
From https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CustomizeKubuntu

You can reach the Theme Manager by running KControl, KDE's Control Center. Click on the K Menu and select Run Command (alternatively, you could also press Alt+F2). In the Run Command dialog box, enter the text kcontrol and click on the Run button or press the Enter key. The Theme Manager is under the Appearance group of the Control Center.

His
June 11th, 2009, 08:13 PM
there is no kcontrol... that's where the issue is coming in.

His
June 11th, 2009, 08:36 PM
and I did try doing a apt-cache search kcontrol, there is no package called kcontrol.

Zorael
June 11th, 2009, 08:53 PM
I'm running the 4.3b2 version from a ppa, but at least on this version, you can change the theme via right-clicking your desktop and picking Desktop Settings. Also, in System Settings -> Advanced tab -> Desktop Theme.

Chronon
June 11th, 2009, 09:16 PM
and I did try doing a apt-cache search kcontrol, there is no package called kcontrol.

Sorry about that. I don't have my kubuntu machine handy and found that from a search. It appears it needs updating. :shock: