PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Please HELP f12 boot menu doesnt show usb hdd

bdubsemail
June 11th, 2009, 07:06 PM
ok so im on a acer aspire one and i installed ubuntu on a kingston usb stick with unetboot , i have already gone into the bios and moved usb hdd to the number 1 spot, and when i reboot and hit f12 usb hdd is not in the boot menu, i am very frustrated and would really like some help, please help a confused noob

zvacet
June 13th, 2009, 06:25 PM
If you in BIOS selected usb hdd as first boot option,then there is no need to hit F12,because as I understand F12 is for one session only.In short you should be able to boot from usb if that is first boot device in BIOS.Let somebody correct me if I´m wrong.

ddrichardson
June 13th, 2009, 06:30 PM
I have had problems installing on an Aspire One with some USB sticks - if you can, try using another before attempting any time consuming diagnostics.

ddrichardson
June 13th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Also FYI unetbootin is not the preferred installation method for the Aspire One, the easiest route is UNR.

raymondh
June 13th, 2009, 06:36 PM
ok so im on a acer aspire one and i installed ubuntu on a kingston usb stick with unetboot , i have already gone into the bios and moved usb hdd to the number 1 spot, and when i reboot and hit f12 usb hdd is not in the boot menu, i am very frustrated and would really like some help, please help a confused noob

Just a quick comment .... is the USB already attached when you start-up the netbook? Mine requires that the USB be attached prior to changing the boot order. You may try it that way.... leave the USB attached when you hit F12 and continue the boot process.

Regards,